Fun Facts & Finds
Throughout Walt Disney World, there are various touches and surprises that many people just walk past without noticing. Here are a few I've found over the years. But, I am sure there are many more. Have one to share, let me know.
- At Tony’s Town Square Restaurant, you’ll find Lady and The Tramps paw prints in the pavement on the left hand side of the stairs and if you go to the back of the restaurant, you’ll find them enjoying their meal outside the back window.
- Ever notice the streetlamps on Main Street? They start off as gas lamps at the Emporium, but by the time you get to Casey’s Corner they have progressed to electric lamps. It is like you are walking through time.
- Pick up the wall-mounted telephone in the General Store, next to the cash register near the front and hear a conversation between the upstairs resident and her daughter.
- You can hear the sound of tap shoes if you listen outside the dance studio on Main Street.
- There is a flag retreat everyday on Main Street. Veterans are welcome to participate by signing up in City Hall.
- Look for Cinderella’s horse on the carousel. It is the second horse in, with a golden ribbon around the bottom of his tail.
- If you go to the Haunted Mansion in the evening, take a look at the top window above the front door. You might see a ghostly figure pass by.
- Make sure to stop at look at Madame Leota’s Tomb (just before entering the mansion), she might wake up and look at you.
- After a stop in the stretch room, everyone quickly exits to enter the ride, but if you stick around a minute, you will hear gargoyles talking and hear the room begin to stretch.
- At Tom Sawyer’s Landing, look for the paintbrush the Tom left behind. If you find it, turn it into a cast member for a special treat.
- Right before you board the boats on Pirates of the Caribbean look for the tunnel on the right –hand side. If you listen close you will hear pirates talking and digging.
- On the Jungle Cruise, listen close to the natives chanting near the end of the ride, it sounds like they are saying, “I love disco”.
- The Fountain of Nations contains water from rivers and bodies of water from around the world.
- If you stop for a snack at the Electric Umbrella, make sure to throw your trash in the garbage can marked: "Waste Please” next to the topping bar. You might just hear a surprise.
- Take a drink from the water fountains near the Timeline of Discovery (in-between Innovations East and West). You might hear a plumber talking back to you.
- In the Morocco pavilion, notice the Moroccan building off in the distance? It is actually the Tower of Terror. When Imagineers realized you could see it from EPCOT, they included stylized minarets on the roof, to help it blend in with the theme of Morocco. Also, look for some flaws throughout the pavilion in tile work, etc. Imagineers put them there intentionally since Muslims believe no one is perfect but Allah.
- Did you ever notice it is always twilight in inside Mexico’s Pavilion? That's because it is tradition for friends and family in Mexican culture to gather in the plaza at twilight for socializing.
- There are 28 mischievous trolls hiding throughout the Norway pavilion. How many can you find?
- At the back of the shop in the China pavilion, there is a copper bowl with water. If you dip your finger in the water and make a circle around the rim, the bowl will begin to "sing" and the vibration from your finger will cause the water to ripple and then suddenly jump and splash.
- At the Outpost, have one of the kids open the Coca-Cola coolers and have your camera ready for their refreshing surprise.
- Take a moment to stop at the kiosk at the front entrance to the Japan Pavilion and see Miyuki weave rice toffee into detailed animals. It is a rare art that is practiced by only a handful of people and Miyuki is the only female artist in the world.
- In the France Pavilion, look up at the basket behind the tasting counter. You will see Ratatouille peeking out. Also, when facing the stained glass window depicting scenes from Beauty and the Beast, look at the top shelf on the left. You’ll see the magical rose in the glass jar that shed it’s petals as the Beast waited for his true love.
- When you get to Animal Kingdom early in the morning when the lines are long. You can cut through the Rainforest Café and enter the park at the back of the gift shop.
- Look for Wes Palm the talking palm tree who wanders around most mornings.
- Be sure to look for Devine the “live” tree that usually hangs out along the path between Africa and Asia.
- Just as you pass the turnstiles at the Muppet-Vision 3D entryway, look to your right and you’ll find a sign hanging in the window which reads, “Back in 5 Minutes. Key is under Mat.” Go ahead and lift the mat!
- Near the Lights, Motors, Action! Stunt Show, you’ll find a lamppost with an umbrella attached to it, as a tribute to “Singing in the Rain.” Have your camera ready and wait for someone to stand under the umbrella.
- As you enter the line for Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, you’ll see a well with a rope attached. Next to it is a sign that says, “Warning! Do not pull rope.” But go ahead and pull it anyway.